Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where is Everybody?

I know where I have been...where are the rest of you?! The weather is perfect right now for getting out there and running! Before you know it, temperatures will be in the 90's and humidity will be murking up the air.


I would love to hear from each of you! Let me know what you have been doing. Are you running? Are you biking? Do you plan on running any races this summer/fall!? Send me a quick email.

My update:


I had a bone scan on Friday. The doctor wanted to see what exactly was going on with my heel since the pain is persisting. If indeed it is fractured, I will most likely be in a cast (to prevent any weight bearing activities...like living my life) or a boot. I will let you know the outcome after my appt. this Friday. I am hoping I am up and running within a few more weeks. In the meantime, I am currently spinning (I had a fun ride with Mike and Dan on Monday night), swimming and boring myself on the eliptical.





Join us this week on Tuesday at 7 pm for a run starting at Centreville High School. The track is available! I plan on coming.

Or if you can't make that, plan on running with us on Saturday! Word on the street is we are running the beautiful C&O canal! More details will be forthcoming.



Don't forget about this great race! The "We've Got Your Back 4 miler." Check out the website: http://www.spinerf.org/. This is sponsered by Joel's company! Come support a great cause.

Running tip of the week: "Remember the rule: endurance first, speed later. You pick up much of your speed not by training fast but by increasing your staying power. You can't do much more than sharpen up the speed you were born with, but you can train yourself not to poop out so soon when you're going fast if you practice at distances a lot longer than a mile."

Now go and run!

Heather

1 comment:

jenfish said...

Costco has the garmin 305 back in stock. So if you need one, hurry!