Sunday, May 4, 2008

Liz and Dean Rocked!

Here is a great race report by Liz from their half marathon!

What an awesome race. Dean did his in 2:21 - and is now suffering from too much sun.

I went down to corral A - there was only about 200 people in there 90% males. So I spoke to the volunteer there and she said I could go where ever I wanted to start. So I moved back to B and asked several people what they thought their finish time would be they were saying 1 hour 30 - 45 mins. So I move back again to corral C and decided to stay there. We actually got to run to the start line - there was no pushing or jostling and plenty of room for everyone. The race was the best organized half I have been to which is impressive as it is claimed to be the largest half in the USA with 35,000 signed up - last year 29,000 completed the race. The weather was so still with no breeze start temp 60of but with 90% humidity - I would have liked a breeze. The run around the speadway track was fantastic they had screens up there so we could watch people at the front of the race. The music - there was mu sic all the way you could hear the next band before you finished hearing the one before. The water and gatorade was at every half mile, I guess they are used to running in high humidity.


My time 2 hours 6mins and 17 seconds, 81st in my age group. I still dont know how many were in my age goup but last year they had 1300 so we will see.

No comments: