Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bloom Where You are Planted

Congrats to all of the Cherry Blossom Runners out there! I have heard from a few of you and the results look great. Send me your stories/experiences and I will post them for others to enjoy!

I am sorry this post is coming a day or two late...I have been in AZ! I had a super time in the 85 degree sunshine. I did a lot of running, relaxing and visiting with friends and family! I am now counting down for the big Boston Marathon...less than two weeks. Ahhh!

We are at Centreville High School tonight. We will not be at the track due to sports taking place on the field. But don't despair, we will run Union Mill for a nice recovery run starting at 7 p.m.! Plan on meeting at our usual place...in the parking lot. If you come late, just start running on Union Mill...to the left.

Saturday we will be at Burke. I am thrilled to say, I ONLY have a 12 miler that day...ahhhh! Come join in the fun. Plan on meeting at 7 am or 8 am.

Don't forget the upcoming Marine Corp Marathon registration that opens on April 30th.

Set your goals now for the upcoming fall races! Do you want to run your first race, run a faster time or lose some of those unwanted pounds? Whatever you decide is right for you...make it happen...Bloom Where you are PLANTED! Take the steps that will make you the best you can be!

Running tip of the week: "You pick what you plant. Just as you can't expect to put potatoes into the ground and harvest tomatoes, you can't become a runner by bowling or lifting weights."

Now go and RUN!

No comments: